Licensing, permits, forms & information2023-11-21T14:42:53-06:00

Licenses and Permits

⇒  Additional City Forms and Information

City Fee Schedule

⇒  Building & Zoning Forms 

Snowmobile and ATV Use in Proctor

⇒  City Code 72.15-72.25, Snowmobile and ATV Allowed Use
⇒  ATV and Snowmobile Road Map

Pet Licenses

The City of Proctor requires all dogs and cats over 6 months old to be licensed annually. Younger pets may also be licensed, although their vaccination series or neutering might not yet be complete.  The license period runs from January through December.

Applicants can complete the attached Application ahead of time; however must come in person to the Police Department to pay the fee and obtain the tag and license. The form reflects the NEW lifetime license fee of $40.00, but annual licenses may still be obtained at $4.00/year.  Proof of rabies must be provided at the time of application.

Pet Licenses may be purchased at the Proctor Police Department Monday – Friday between 9:00 am and 4:00 pm.

Besides general animal control, an additional benefit of licensing pets is that it helps us reunite lost pets with their owners much more quickly and usually saves them a trip to the shelter.  Animal Allies (218-722-4341) is the shelter used to impound animals.

⇒  Proctor Pet License Application

⇒  Proctor City Code 90.07 -Animals

Building Permit Information

Building Permit information and the current department fee schedule are provided below.
⇒ For Building APPLICATIONS AND FORMS  go to Services > Building & Zoning

Permit to Acquire Firearms

Firearm Permits in the City of Proctor are ONLY for residents living within City Limits
Please do not submit an application if you are not a resident of the City of Proctor

Applications are available online for City of Proctor Residents Only at the following link  where they can be completed and submitted either by email to:  or by mail or in person to: 100 Pionk Drive, Proctor, MN 55810.   Applications are also available in the Police Department lobby.  Once the permits are issued they can either be mailed out or picked up at the Police Department lobby.

NOTE:  Applicants will need to show a photo ID either when submitting the application or when picking it up.
Permits to Acquire Firearms will be issued ONLY to Residents living within Proctor City Limits.  

Call the PPD at 624-7788 if you have any questions.
Proctor Police Department

Short Term Rental Information

⇒  City Ordinance Short-Term Rentals
⇒  Conditional Use Permit
⇒  Zoning Map


The City of Proctor and the Proctor School District work closely together to manage recreational fields and facilities.  Some recreational fields are owned by the city, some by the school and some are shared properties.

In order to coordinate use of fields and facilities, please contact:

Anthony Wood
Proctor School District

Sally Hedtke
City of Proctor


Recent Posts


The village of Proctorknott was incorporated in 1894. It took its name after J. Proctor Knott, a Congressman who delivered a satirical speech ridiculing…


Click through our services to learn about Building Permits, Sewer Service, Street Maintenance, and Water and Electric.


Our staff is here to answer any questions you may have. Reach out to us and we will respond as quickly as possible. Get started by visiting our contact page!

Go to Top