The City of Proctor requires all dogs and cats over 6 months old to be licensed annually. (Younger pets may also be licensed for $2, although their vaccination series or neutering might not yet be complete.)
- The license period runs from January through December.
- The cost of a license is $2 for an altered pet, and $10 for an unaltered pet.
- Proof of a current rabies vaccination is required for licensing by City Ordinance as well as the State of Minnesota.
- Pet Licenses may be purchased at the Proctor Police Department Mondays – Wednesdays between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm, and Thursdays – Fridays between 8:00 am and 4:00 pm.
- Besides general animal control, one additional benefit of licensing pets is that it helps us reunite lost or escaped pets with their owners much more quickly and usually saves them a trip to the shelter!
- Animal Allies in Duluth (218-722-5341) is the Shelter used to impound animals.
- The complete list of Ordinances governing pet ownership within the City of Proctor is located on the City Website (see Government/City Code/ Ordinance 501.). . .
Questions? Call (218) 624-7788.
Proctor Police Department
100 Pionk Drive
Proctor, MN 55810